From surface cleaning at low pressures to cutting metal at 40,000 psi, K2 Industrial is a leading provider of safe, cost effective and responsive hydro-blasting services. Our equipment includes remotely operated hydro-blasting units for use in virtually any environment. Our technicians are fully trained, both classroom and hands-on, before they are certified to work in the field.
Some of our more common operations include:
- Bundle Cleaning – Capabilities range from shell-side cleaning to blast pad operations – no size limitations
- Tube and Pipe Cleaning – Multiple cleaning head applications combined with rotational cleaning system
- Flex Lancing – Automated, high speed rotational pipe cleaning system
- Line Moleing – Ability to clean soft clay tiles to large diameter concrete sections to welded pipe systems
- Water Lazer Cutting – Capabilities range from simple welded attachment removal to safely cutting door sheets in volatile material storage vessels to total equipment dismantling
K2ís technical services group has developed specialized equipment for cleaning boiler internals. Our track or cable mounted, remotely controlled blast units make quick work out of removing build-up of salt cake, smelt and other materials encountered during boiler cleaning.
- High pressure wash of Boiler Internals, including Pendants, Backpass Tube Bundles and Economizer Section
- High pressure wash of Tubular Air Heaters and Ljungstrom Air Heater Baskets
- Hydro-blast of hardened fly ash in Hoppers, Air Lines, Ash Silos, I.D. and F.D. Fans
- Hydro-blast of Slag buildup in Cyclone Boilers with up to 20,000 psi
- On-Line Hydro-blasting of Cyclones, Pendants, Screen Wall Tubes and Backpass sections of Boilers
Some of the more challenging cleaning jobs require the use of media blasting. With consideration for specific hazards and job conditions, several of the more common media types used are:
- Copper Slag
- Pellet (commonly C02)
- Nut Shell
Some media can be used in conjunction with our high pressure water systems while others use compressed air to blast media to a super-high velocity.
A relatively new process in our industry, hydro excavation, utilizes high pressure water in combination with vacuum truck services to remove soil, rock and other materials from around buried pipes, lines, duct-banks, foundations, etc. The high-pressure water system allows operators to quickly pothole to determine the exact location of buried items. All of the surrounding material can be safety removed without destroying the objects being excavated.
Our Hydro-Blasting units range from small 10,000 psi low volume units to 20,000 psi high volume units. Our Ultra-High Pressure units produce up to 40,000 psi.
We have over 110 Units including:
- Gardner Denver
- American Aero
- Jet Edge
We provide robotic, state-of-the-art technology in:
- Heat Exchanger Cleaning
- Boiler De-slagging
- Tank, Tower and Vessel Cleaning
- Air Heater Basket Cleaning